Palmer City requires short-term rental hosts like yourself to register your short-term rental and obtain a short-term rental license. With the explosive growth of short-term rental properties found on websites such as Airbnb and Vrbo, communities are struggling to find common ground regulation. As with Palmer City, many communities across the U.S. require registration, and others require proof of liability insurance. For now, Palmer’s short-term rental requirements include the following details:

  1. A responsible person shall be available at all times the property is being rented. A sign must be posted conspicuously in the common area of each unit and shall contain all of the following information:
    1. The name and contact information of the owner and/or responsible person; and
    2. The license number of the short-term rental facility; and
    3. The occupancy limits and requirements set forth in the license.
  2. The licensee shall comply with all building, electrical, and other city codes and ordinances.
  3. Functions such as meetings, receptions, weddings, and other social events provided for compensation or held by guests are not permitted as part of the short-term rental use unless such residential property is located in an agriculture district or commercial zoning district.
  4. The license number and occupancy limit shall be included in all marketing materials, advertisements, and online listings for the short-term rental.
Quote your short-term rental today

Understanding short-term rental regulations and insurance

It’s easier to accept regulations once you understand that cities view short-term rentals as businesses. As with any other business, short-term rentals need to ensure they have proper insurance coverage to protect against any accidents. 

When you welcome a paying guest into your home, you are subject to a whole slew of liability concerns. As the cities seek to protect their communities, it’s important that you make sure you and your business are protected as well. You may have a traditional homeowner’s policy for your short-term rental, but that coverage is simply not enough. Most homeowner’s and landlord policies have a “business activity exclusion.” That’s bad news for you as a host. 

The good news is you can find a full-replacement, comprehensive short-term rental policy with Proper Insurance. Proper Insurance offers coverage for vacation homes, cabins, cottages, apartments, and more. With coverage for your building, contents, income, and liability ($1,000,000 commercial general liability) you’ll have all the coverage you need to run a successful business. 

Call Proper today to discuss their vacation rental policy – (888) 631-6680!

Subscribe To Our Blog:

Want to stay up to date on short-term rental news, regulations, and more? Simply subscribe for blog updates.